The Benefits of Interval Training
- Mixing sprints and hills into your running program
- Adding plyometrics in between resistance sets
- Alternating between jogging and walking
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIT)
- Tabata Training
- Swimming with fast and slow laps
Many studies have shown that the amount of fat burned during an interval training session vs. a moderate training session is considerably more. Also, who has time to spend hours at the gym? Interval training can help reduce your exercise time while burning the same amount of calories. Best of all, interval training is fun. How boring is it doing the same thing over and over again at the same speed and intensity? Interval training is hard work but it leaves little time for boredom!